Tuesday, June 23, 2009

US Made Spyderco under $100!


Spyderco's Manix 2 should be widely available soon. I don't see it listed on their SITE, but KnifeCenter apparently has two versions in stock at a very reasonable price, compared to most recent offerings from the Golden, CO cutlery firm. It uses what appears to be a revised version of Spyderco's ball-bearing lock and has G10 handle scales and a blade of 154CM, an American made steel. I look forward to the opportunity to handle one of these in person, as I've always dug Spyderco's stuff. I just went through a box of stuff I had packed up from when I moved 2 years ago, and found an early incarnation of a Spyderco Delica Salt, with the H1 rustproof steel that utilizes nitrogen instead of carbon. It's been sitting in a garage a few hundred yeards from a saltwater bay for close to 2 years, and the blade wiped clean, no spots, no pitting or discoloration. Spyderco's knife offerings in recent years tend to have been hit-or-miss with all but the most diehard fans, but this new Manix 2 may prove that Sal Glesser and his crew always have something new up their sleeves.

No comments: