Friday, July 2, 2010

Coming soon, crazy 8's and Timeless Swissness


BOOM!! Happy Independence weekend!!

This is really the first 4th in awhile that I haven't made an Indian Reservation run for some flammable fun. I've actually got lots of other stuff going on; planning for surgery next week, working all weekend, and conjuring up more leisure-time reading for you, the loyal reader, stopping in for a quick fix of news and pix.



Coming down the pipe, I'll give you ten reasons why Victorinox's Swiss Classic is a true classic. I used to resent all of the old men who'd come into the shop I used to co-run, looking for toothpicks for their damn beloved Swiss Classics. Well, maybe I'm more mature now, but I finally understand the indelible love for the tiny red folder.

First and foremost, I've got a Triple Eight Professional knife in my hand, and it is SO VERY SWEET. If the Swiss Classic SD knife is a classic, then 888 Professional's knives are destined to be classics in their own time. I'm hooked, and you will be too. I'll be offering my thoughts on their Rexroat-designed Wright Knife. Don't simply take my word for it, hit that big red link in the upper right, and see for yourself. I'm off to work, but I'll be back soon with more good reading, and eye candy.

Have a safe and fun 4th, designate a driver, and if you're drinking, put down the lighter, back away from the mortar tube, and go drink some coffee.

-A

No comments: