Thursday, October 8, 2009
Surefire St. Minimus headlamp
New from the folks @ Surefire. The Saint Minimus is a high end entry into the outdoor headlamp category.
Straight from the horse's mouth:
* High-performance LED, in concert with proprietary refractive optic, produces a smooth, powerful beam optimized to your field of vision
* Variable light output dial permits selection of 0 to 100 lumens of output with one hand
* Hard-anodized aerospace-grade aluminum housing is lightweight yet tough
* Custom-made headband built for comfort, durability, and to provide a secure fit with or without a helmet.
* Breathe-O-Prene pad fits comfortably against forehead while wicking away moisture, and is removable for washing
* Includes one high-energy 123A batteries with 10-year shelf life
* Backed by SureFire's No-Hassle Guarantee
o High: 100 lumens
o Low: 1 lumen
o High Setting: 1.5 hours
o Low Setting: 50 hours
* Weight: 3.3 ounces with batt.
* Batteries: One 123A lithium
* Made in USA
I love Surefire's G2 and G3 plastic-body flashlight series, in particular for the reasonable pricepoint, and this past summer I purchased a decent Petzl headlight, but the St. Minimus looks pretty freaking badass. MSRP is around $140 USD, probably becasue of the aluminum housing, and the variable light output dial, which allows for 0 to 100 lumens of light output. I'd love to get my hands on one for a bit of testing, but Eric and I typically pay (just like everyone else)for all of the gear we actually get a chance to review here, with very few and far between exceptions.
If anybody has hands-on with this one, and wants to do a review, please let us know, and we'll post it up here, for all of teh interwebz to read.