Thursday, October 8, 2009

New images for 'coming soon' Boker Plus knives

Boker, originally founded in Germany, has found tremendous success with their less-expensive BokerPlus line. It all started with the fantastic Chad los Banos designed CLB series, which now boasts a ton of models. It seems Chad's creativity and forward thinking knows no bounds, as he keeps on cranking out really cool and functional designs under Boker's overseas-made banner. I don't know how Boker got around a lawsuit for their Batman knife, but that's what it's called. I've been hearing about this chunkily-serrated semi karambit for nearly a year on knife forums like edcforums.com. It's designed by South African knifemaking couple, Kevin and Heather Harvey. The Batman folder looks both utility-functional and self defense capable, I look forward to playing with one and putting it through its paces.

I still can't find any actual product photos for the 2009 Kalashnikov knife. Boker tends to do this for whatever reason, quite frequently. It may be a cheesy CG mockup, but it at least gives us an idea of what the finished product will look like. I've liked some of their Kalashnikov knife variations in the past, but this one ain't doing it for me, at least not yeat. I think that's probably due to the fact that it's not a real pic though.

This second set of pics shows 2 additional knives due out in either December of this year, or January of 2010; the credit card knife, and a handsome fixed blade called the Jermer EDC, with what appears to be polished linen micarta on the handles.


If the general quality-to-price ratio of these new models is similar to the Boker Plus Chad Los Banos stuff, then sign me up for one of each! The Boker Plus "Batman" is definitely on my looking-forward-to list, and I assure you, there'll be a review right here as soon as I can get ahold of one.

No comments: