Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Fancy Benchmade Nimravus Cub limited edition


The original Benchmade Nimravus, originally designed by Allen Elishewitz, is one of my favorite fixed blades of all time. I have the original, in its pre-revamped kydex sheath with the boot clip. I actually prefer the overall look and feel of the original Elishewitz Benchmade Nimravus line to the ones they are producing now, but it's still a hell of a knife.

I'm not into exotic woods and brass bolsters and shiny stuff that needs a bit more care, but you can bet this dressed up Nim Cub performs every bit as ruggedly as its ancestors and newschool cousins.

Here are the specs for Benchmade's model 147-1001, straight from the folks at knifecenter, the only place I've seen this available thus far:
Features

* Aluminum Bronze Bolster and End Cap with
* Amboina Wood Inlay
* Ted Blocker Custom Sheath
* Limited Run of 200 Pieces

Specifications

* Blade Length: 3.50" (8.9 cm)
* Blade Thickness: 0.125" (3.175 mm)
* Overall Length: 7.87" (20.0 cm)
* Weight: 6.4 oz. (181.44 g)
* Sheath Weight: 1.7 oz. (48.20 g)
* Blade Style: Drop-Point
* Blade Steel: S30V Premium Stainless Steel (58-60HRC)
* Handle Material: Aluminum Bronze Bolster and End Cap with Amboina Wood Inlay
* Sheath: Custom Ted Blocker Leather Sheath
* Made in USA
Best of all, it's not as expensive as it looks, it'll set you back maybe as much as a pair of nice Benchmade folding knives. Like I said, it's not my style, I mean, it's gorgeous, and if I collected classier stuff, I'd probably be all about it. You can bet as a limited edition it's gonna go fast.

No comments: