Sunday, December 20, 2009

Just for fun. Knife fight scene from "The Hunted"


Man, Tommy Lee Jones and Benicio (I like to call him 'Benny the Bull') Del Toro are both badasses in general, but throw in knives, and some rugged scenery and you've got film gold. I'm a huge movie fan, and Eric (resident gunman here) is as well. It's so rare to find a decently choreographed knife fight scene in a movie. The Hunted, was not real deep on story, or character development, but it has some great action.








When you're done enjoying this, check out a great interview with Benicio Del Toro on Sayoc Combat Choreography's blog. BDT discusses his experience with tracker Tom Brown, and his experiences training with the Sayoc guys.

CLICK HERE


I spent a couple years training with a fantastic Filipino Martial Arts club (LESKAS) in Seattle in 2005 and 2006. I met some great guys, and learned way more about practical self defense (armed or empty handed), than I learned in nearly 4 years of TKD as a teenager. I'm sold on FMA for practical defense and winning a fight decisively and with (hopefully) minimal injury (to ones self, screw the other guy!).

There are tons of variations on Eskrima/Kali/Arnis, but the Sayoc group is awesome, check out their SITE

1 comment:

Aaron said...

ahso! just had to change the width to "425", now I feel all clever.