Saturday, January 23, 2010

Folding Diver coming soon from Benchmade

I don't have many details on the design of this one yet.



Specs:

* Blade Length: 3.45" (8.76 cm)
* Blade Thickness: 0.114" (2.90 mm)
* Open: 8.30" (20.32 cm)
* Closed: 4.62" (11.73 cm)
* Weight: 4.90 oz. (139.50 g)
* Handle Thickness: 0.522" (13.26 mm)
* Made in USA

It apparently features N680 for the blade-steel, which from what I understand is similar to highly corrosion resistant alloy steels like H1, used by Spyderco.

Pretty cool, as I know a ton of boaters and divers who've mined my so-called expertise to find a good rustproof (or close to it) folding knife. I must say that Spyderco's folders in H1 are seriously, pretty much rustproof. It's nice to see another great company offer an item that no doubt will do well, because Benchmade listens to customer requests (and I'm sure they can't be oblivious to the success of Spyderco's saltwater friendly folders). I have a feeling this "H20" would be a good knife choice for my dad, as he's a lefty who has trouble with linerlock-style folders, and lives on a saltwater bay as well, using his boat at least 8 months of the year.

No comments: