Saturday, June 12, 2010

I love my Spyderco Tenacious


Yeah dudes. I finally picked up a Tenacious a few weeks ago. The full serrated version. It's a Spyderco Chinese made knife that feels close in quality to their American made knives. I owned the Spyderco Terzuola Starmate and the original Spydie Military models at one point and the Tenacious feels very similar.

I'll refrain from a full review for now, as it's the first day in the Seattle area that it's felt like summer, and I have some hiking or boating to do, not sure which yet, but it's too beautiful outside to be blogging!


The following applies to ALL Spyderco Tenacious models:
Overall Length: 7 3/4"
Closed Length: 4 7/16"
Blade Length: 3 3/8"
Blade Steel: 8CR13MOV
Blade Thickness: 1/8"
Handle Material G-10


The knife retails for a very reasonable $34.95 USD, but I found mine for about $10.00 USD less @ my favorite outdoor store.
It's light, comfortable and locks open with a solid click. The fully serrated version (mine) is wicked sharp and cuts like a little chainsaw. Kudos to Spyderco for succeeding with foreign manufacture where so many others fail (Gerber, I'm looking @ YOU). The Tenacious line of knives don't quite have the fit & finish of their American cousins, but they certainly are one of the most well rounded knives I've owned lately.

Check out a Tenacious and I'm positive it will become your summer EDC. I plan on taking mine with me today, regardless of where I end up, be it the beach, the woods, or the back yard. Check out Spyderco's site for more info.

No comments: